Sesame Beef & Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe
Use Flank Steak or Sirloin
Asparagus: Thicker spears hold up better
Sesame Oil: Look for dark or “toasted” sesame oil
Chili Garlic Sauce or Sriracha
- Combine the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce.
- Heat the oil and stir-fry the asparagus for 1-2 minutes or until it turns bright green
- Add the spring onion and give it a quick stir.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and push them to one side to make room for the beef.
- Refresh the oil and brown the beef in batches being careful to not crowd the beef. If you crowd the beef, it steams rather than browns. Transfer the beef to the bowl, but don’t place it over the vegetables. The heat from the beef will cause the vegetables to continue cooking.
- When all the beef has been browned, pour the sauce into the wok and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the sauce begins to thicken
- Transfer the beef and the vegetables to the sauce and heat through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve
Recipe originally found at: https://www.fromachefskitchen.com/sesame-beef-and-asparagus-stir-fry/