Chicken & Spring Green Bun Cha Recipe
Ingredients100 g frozen edamame beans
1 stick of lemongrass
5 cm piece of ginger
1 large fresh red chilli
1½ tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
2 tablespoons runny honey
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
4 free-range skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 x 225 g packet of vermicelli
2 large shallots
2 spring onions
½ a bunch of fresh Thai basil
½ a bunch of fresh mint
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
200 g baby spinach
150 g broad beans
- Before you start, leave the edamame beans to defrost.
- Remove and discard the tough outer leaves from the lemongrass, then finely chop. Peel and grate the ginger, then deseed and finely chop the chilli.
- Place in a large bowl with the sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, the zest from 1 lime and the juice from 2 limes. Mix well, then pour half into a small bowl.
- Add the chicken to the large bowl, give it a stir and leave to marinate while you prepare the rest of the dish. Add the rice wine vinegar to the small bowl – this will be your salad dressing.
- Pod the defrosted edamame beans, then cook in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Cook the vermicelli according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Place the chicken in a small roasting tin lined with tinfoil and pop in the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Peel and finely slice the shallots. Trim and chop the spring onions on the diagonal, then pick the herb leaves.
- Heat the oil in a small, heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat. Once hot, add the shallots and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a tray lined with kitchen paper.
- Combine the noodles with the remaining dressing, baby spinach, spring onion, broad beans and herbs. Top with the chicken and garnish with the shallots.
Recipe originally found at: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/chicken-spring-green-bun-cha/