Bacon & Leek Pasta Recipe
6 slices Smoked Streaky Bacon sliced into bite-sized pieces
2 large leeks cleaned and sliced thin
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¾ cup double cream
½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Cook the pasta: According to package instructions. Reserve a cup of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the bacon: Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it's cooked to your preference. Remove the bacon from the skillet and transfer to a paper towel-line plate to soak up the fat. Reserve 1 tbsp of the bacon fat in the skillet and discard the rest.
- Make the sauce: Reduce the heat to medium and add the leaks to the skillet. Season with salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and stir occasionally until they soften; about 3 minutes. Pour in the double cream and cook down for about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Finish the dish: Add the cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, bacon, 1/2 cup of the pasta water, and remaining pepper to the skillet. Toss everything until the pasta is well coated. If the pasta starts getting too dry, keep in mind it will soak up that sauce as it start to cool a bit, add the remaining 1/2 cup of pasta water, or as much as needed.
- Garnish and serve:Garnish with some fresh parsley and serve while warm.
This recipe was originally found at: https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/bacon-leek-pasta