Wagamama's Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe
The ultimate comfort dish! Use our Japanese bread crumbed Chicken Escalopes and half the work is already done for you.
INGREDIENTS4 BREADED CHICKEN ESCALOPES
2–3 tbsp vegetable oil for sauce + 75ml vegetable oil, for frying chicken
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2.5cm piece of ginger, peeled + grated
1 tsp turmeric
2 heaped tbsp mild curry powder
1 tbsp plain flour
300ml CHICKEN STOCK
100ml COCONUT MILK
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar, to taste
Cooked rice - BASMATI or WILD RICE MIX
- For the sauce, start to soften the onions, garlic + ginger. Then add curry powder, turmeric. Allow to sit on a low to medium heat
- Add the flour, cook for 1 minute with the spices. add the chicken stock slowly, followed by the 100ml coconut milk. add pinch of sugar, salt + dash of soy sauce
- In a separate pan heat the remaining oil and cook Chicken Escalopes until golden brown. You may need to do this in two batches.
- Strain curry sauce through a sieve, a little bit at a time.
- Slice the chicken into lengths + plate up next to the cooked rice. Add salad, or wok-fried greens to the plate alongside, then drench in curry sauce. serve hot + enjoy!
Recipe originally found at: https://www.wagamama.com/cook/wok-from-home/curries/chicken-katsu-curry