Pan Seared Lamb Recipe
Sometimes you just need the meat to speak for itself and this Jamie Olive recipe does just that with the best lamb of the season.
- Halve any larger potatoes, then cook in a pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes, or until tender, adding the peas to the party for the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub the lamb all over with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Starting fat side down, sear the lamb in a non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat for 10 minutes, turning regularly until gnarly all over but blushing in the middle, or use your instincts to cook to your liking.
- Remove to a plate to rest, then, with the frying pan on a low heat, make a liquor by stirring in a splash of water and a little red wine vinegar to pick up all those nice sticky bits, leaving it to tick away slowly until needed.
- Drain the potatoes and peas, tip into the liquor pan, pick over most of the basil, add the pesto and toss it all well.
- Serve with the lamb, sliced thinly, then pour over the resting juices. Pick over the remaining basil leaves, and tuck in.
Recipe originally found at: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/lamb-recipes/pan-seared-lamb/