Mushrooms Bordelaise Sauce Recipe
450g mushrooms, preferably porcini
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced or whole
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Rinse the mushrooms and wipe them dry.
- Separate the mushroom caps from the stems. Chop the stems and reserve them for later use.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and the oil over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Add the mushroom caps to the pan and sauté them until they begin to turn brown, for about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer the caps to a plate.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems, garlic, and fresh parsley to the hot pan and sauté them for 5 minutes.
- Add the browned mushroom caps back into the pan, cover, and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until all the mushrooms are cooked through and tender.
- Serve the mushrooms Bordelaise hot from the pan.
Recipe originally found at: https://www.thespruceeats.com/mushrooms-bordelaise-recipe-1375714