Jerk Chicken Recipe
With this week’s half price deal of organic chicken legs, I thought I would point you towards this great Gordon Ramsey Caribbean inspired recipe, a perfect match for the summer weather and the half price deal.
4 large chicken legs, skin on, cut into drumsticks and thighs and scored
Olive oil, for frying
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Rice, to serve
4–5 thyme sprigs, to garnish (optional)
For the marinade
1–2 Scotch bonnet chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground allspice
5–7 thyme sprigs, leaves only (you will need about 2 tbsp)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7.
- First prepare the marinade by combining all the ingredients with a good grinding of black pepper and a dash of oil. Rub the marinade into the chicken pieces, massaging it into the scored meat. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour (or, better still, overnight).
- Heat a large ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat and add a dash of oil. Fry the chicken pieces for about 10 minutes until golden brown on all sides. Add the Worcestershire sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover with an ovenproof lid or foil and place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until cooked through (if your pan isn’t ovenproof, simply transfer the chicken to a roasting tray). Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes if the chicken needs colouring a little more.
- Serve the chicken hot with rice.
Recipe originally found at: https://www.gordonramsay.com/gr/recipes/jerk-chicken