Cauliflower, Pomegranate & Apple Salad Recipe
This salad is a terrific side to serve with Lamb, Mint & Feta Burgers - or as a meal in itself!
1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon ground cumin
50g skin-on almonds, roughly chopped
2 sharp, green eating apples, such as Granny Smith
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1 pomegranate, seeds only
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower florets, olive oil, paprika, cumin and almonds; mix well, making sure the cauliflower is evenly coated with the oil and spices. Spread onto the baking sheet and roast in the oven until the cauliflower has started to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool.
3. Meanwhile, core the apples and chop into ½-inch chunks. Place the apple pieces in a bowl of cold water with the lemon juice to prevent them from browning and keep them fresh.
4. MAKE THE DRESSING: In a small bowl, combine the tahini, honey, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Drain the apples and combine with the cauliflower mixture, pomegranate seeds and arugula, then drizzle with dressing to serve.