Barbecue Ribs Recipe
2kg Pork Spare Ribs
MARINADE (or just get one of our amazing ones ready-made at Lidgates)
1 fresh red chilli
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
2 cloves of garlic
150 ml unsweetened apple juice
100 ml white wine vinegar
2 heaped tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
100 ml low-salt soy sauce
100 g soft brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6. Preheat your barbecue.
- Drizzle a little oil over the ribs, season with sea salt and black pepper and rub all over to coat.
- Make the marinade. Deseed and finely chop the chilli, peel and grate the ginger and garlic then place them all in a medium pan along with the apple juice, white wine vinegar, tomato ketchup, mustard, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Whisk the ingredients together and place the pan over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Put the ribs in a large roasting pan, brush with the marinade and cover with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the meat pulls away from the bone easily. Baste the ribs with the marinade after 30 minutes. After 1 hour of cooking time remove the foil, baste and cook, uncovered, for the final 15 minutes, basting halfway through.
- Once your barbecue is hot, transfer the ribs to it. Cook over a medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the ribs to a board and cut them up. Serve with handfuls of rocket and watercress, if you like.
Recipe originally found at: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/barbecue-ribs/